1.01.2012

My Dream Home

Lately, I have been really into pinning inspiration for my "future home".  I have a very specific image in my mind about how I want it to look, and thought it would be fun to do a post about it so that in a few years I can look back and see how much {or little} my tastes have changed.

It's no secret to those who know me that my dream is for Code and me to build our own house on THIS property next to THIS barn...


I am absolutely in love with the look of stone houses.  I want it to look like it's straight from Europe.

stock photo : Exterior Detail of a Stone Cottage
Source
2225856
Source
With a matching stone fireplace that goes all the way up to my vaulted ceiling.

Pinned Image
Source
I am currently in love with any and all reclaimed wood.  I am picturing using the walls of the buildings on our yard to make into our wood floors :).  Hopefully they will be able to withstand Boston!

Pinned Image
Source
Floors
Source
And let's not forget the necessary wood beams for the ceiling and planks on the walls.

Pinned Image
Source

A mudroom is also going to be necessary, with a laundry room and bathroom connected for my dirty hubs, dog, and kids.

Pinned Image
Source
Pinned Image
Source
Aren't these pictures perfect?  And since I never change my mind, I will most likely still love these when it is time to find a new home :)


1 comment:

leave me a message, i always love to hear what you have to say!