10.27.2013

kitchen wall shelves

after painting my buffet for my kitchen, i temporarily decorated it with an old window pane i had found in my barn.


i liked it, but the buffet sits on a very large wall that needed some beefing up.


i love the look of the wall shelves over at ballard designs, but didn't like the price tag that came with.  i have seen many diy options for these shelves, so cody and i decided to give it a go.

we made it really easy on ourselves by buying white laminate shelves, trim, and corbels from menards so no painting was required.  it just took a little bit of wood glue, a few screws, and some forty-five degree cuts by husband.   


now if we are being honest, it could probably use some caulk on the seams and a little paint on the backside of the trim.  and maybe, just maybe, i will get around to doing that one of these days.


but for now i am really enjoying the shelves.  and my new coffee bar.  which i can only use to make non-caffeinated beverages thanks to a certain someone who has taken over my body.  whom i would gladly give up everything for.  amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message, i always love to hear what you have to say!