10.06.2011

A Fall Adventure

I went on an adventure with Boston today.  Was it a good idea to walk through the grove to get to the wildlife preserve on the other side?

In case you can't tell, this is Boston's tale
No.

The cockleburs were THICK.  I think I ended up with more stuck to me than Boston and I was trying to avoid them!  After about 10 steps we gave up and went back.  Was it a better idea to walk AROUND the grove and through the field?



YES!  Minus the whole tripping over corn stalks, it was much more pleasant.


And very rewarding.  I found some lovely weeds to use somewhere for fall decorations.  I cut, Boston explored.  It made for a nice sleepy puppy the rest of the evening, which is a success in itself.


I picked off all the leaves to just leave the stem and flower and then tied the bunch together.  I wanted to do this project for free, so I searched the house for a pot I could use.  I really wanted something rustic, and the only thing I could find had a pumpkin face on it.  On the bright side, my harvest decor now doubles as Halloween decor.


I went ahead and removed the fake green branches that once occupied this space and replaced it with my free, fall themed decoration.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a message, i always love to hear what you have to say!