12.23.2011

A Little More Christmas

I was at a flea market last fall and found this old toboggan that I thought would make a cute decoration for winter.  When I bought it, everyone thought I was crazy.  After looking at it for awhile, I started to think they were right.  I really had no idea what I was going to do with it, so I just let it sit in my basement.


Then one day {about 2 days ago} it hit me while I was trying to take a nap.  All this little guy needed was a wreath and a little paint.

After it was finished, I realized it would look really lonely sitting outside by itself.  So I went to Goodwill {of course}, where I found this lovely orange container.  Obviously, this needed a little paint as well.


And here is the final product, complete with Santa's key :)


And this is what it actually looks like by our house.  I just didn't have the heart to put away the patio chair since it happens to be Boston's favorite place to sit.


The decorations in the rest of the house are pretty minimal.  I decided last minute {a.k.a. last night} to put up a second tree downstairs.  I will explain the reasoning behind that more after Christmas :).  Since it was unplanned, I had to use random decorations for this monster tree.  


 Somehow, the addition of the tree just makes the space look so much more finished.  Oh, and can you spot the little surprise I had mentioned earlier?  And by little I mean HUGE, but now that it is here I can already tell we will be spending a lot more time in this space.


 The entry way got a little Christmas cheer as well.


Well, this is officially the end of my Christmas decorations.  I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. LOL ANOTHER TREE??!? You crack me up! I want to come visit thsi adorable house very soon and play Skyrim All. Weekend. Long. YEAA

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message, i always love to hear what you have to say!