10.12.2011

A Coffee Table Turned Bench

Doesn't it always seem that when you are looking for it you can NEVER find it, but if you aren't looking you seem to find it right away?  That is exactly what happened with this next project.  I have seriously been looking for a hutch for almost a year now, and have yet to find one.  It is on the top of my to-do list since I am really lacking in kitchen storage right now.  Somewhere on the bottom of my list was to find an old bench to reupholster for our master bedroom.  And wouldn't ya know it, the day after I put this on my list I found exactly what I was looking for.  It actually started out as a $4 coffee table from Goodwill.  


I realized the coffee table would be the perfect height, especially since I was planning on added a thick layer of padding.  After picked up the end table, I headed to JoAnn Fabric to get some more foam and batting like I did for my headboard.  I found this fabric....


online.  It is a lot lighter in person than on the website, but I like how it looks in the bedroom.  I followed the same steps as I did for my headboard where I cut...


Glued...


And stapled....


Until I ended up with this (excuse the messy bedroom!)


Then it sat like that for a couple weeks while I decided on a fabric and waited for it to come in the mail....


And then finally, one day, it came! 


I stapled the fabric on and ended up with....


This!  And I am a little annoyed that I had to make my bed, but anything for a good picture :).  Here is a better picture of the fabric I used...


Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to do something like this for forEVER! I love the transformation and what a great choice in fabric! Thanks for an awesome tutorial! Your newest fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherika! You just made my day :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me a message, i always love to hear what you have to say!